A few weeks ago I received an anxious voice message from a lovely customer whose dogs had taken a liking to the foam bits that we included with her order.......they had eaten most of them! 😳
She was panic stricken that her dogs may have been poisoned.
While I was trying to contact her, she rang her vet who told her to drop one of the remaining foam bits into water to see what happened.
She was over the moon with relief when before her eyes they softened and dissolved into the water. Immediately she knew that they were biodegradable and non-toxic. Her dogs would be fine 👌🏻 🐶.
If the packaging had been the traditional Styrofoam, the
Phew ...relief 😃
Thumbs up to Beautiful Eco-friendly Packaging 👍🏻
So this got me thinking that you may also be wondering, what the heck are these white foam bits we keep packing with your order.
You may even think they are a nuisance, messy and unattractive?
We want to protect your beautiful products for their journey to you so that they arrive safe and sound.
Our focus is on Beautiful Eco-friendly Packaging. So we use these little eco-friendly gems that are called are packing peanuts to cushion the products and prevent damage in transit.
They are made from corn starch, making them 100% biodegradable- dissolving in water within seconds.
Biodegradable packing peanuts are plant-based and non-toxic which means that they are safer for you and our team to handle.
They are safe for your family, your pets and the environment. The traditional Styrofoam loose fill packing peanuts being difficult to decompose can end up in landfill or floating around the ocean for many, many years.
Although our packing peanuts are are safer for humans and pets if ingested accidentally, they are not produced in food-safe conditions, so we do not recommend you deliberately eat them.
However I do suggest that you have some fun and drop a few in water to see for yourself how quickly they soften and dissolve.